Had been busy sending out lots of jobs applications based on my skill set rather than having a genuine thought about what I really want to do, or where do I want to move to
I Guess the stress and anxiety on the real possibility of losing my job and income, and the accompanying consequences on my dependents has really got to me, so much so that I was panicking last night
Recalled that I was talking to Tracy on the flight back to Sg, and just mentioned a random thought of me replacing a current incompetent PLM, may be the ideal situation for me. It caught her off guard and didn’t respond, so I guess she didn’t think much of me in that position either. Can’t really confide that much in her anymore
Mentioned this concern to Uncle after our 1-1 meeting, and he brought up some good points that I may had been pushing too hard on what I think is best suited for my region, and probably neglected the aspect of managing my boss’s business needs. Sometimes you have got to go with the flow and do what the boss thinks is good, even though you know very well that it wouldn’t work. Scoring more brownie points won’t hurt
Had breakfast with ZY this morning, and confided in him as well. As well as my concerns on not being given the credit for all the hard work that I had done in the background to finally get things off the ground, and someone else swooping in to claim credit for my work at the very moment that it is going to show results. Good advice from him that I should be more careful and talk to Bao to get him to be aware of the values that I had brought to the table and not go unrecognised. We also chatted about the possibility of joining the competition especially since they have a recent open req on Fiber PLM role, and thought that it may be a good career progression too, especially since I have the correct profile for that role
The biggest concern will be jumping ship to working with the opposition camp, may make me lose credit or part of my current network that I had built up over the years.
I’ll have no doubt that I will be able to fit into that role if given the opportunity
Thoughts that flashed across my mind immediately was on beating those that didn’t really appreciate my work or think highly of me if I were to work on the opposite camp. Bao, Sales prez, OF, V, etc
Talked to Des on this req and he confirmed that it is open, and will help me to do an internal referral.
He was also very confident that I was a good fit for this role. Just sent him my updated resume, and fingers crossed, pray that I get called for an interview soon
It had always been on my mind that I wouldn’t want to compete against my ex colleagues by joining the competition. But now the push comes to shove, then it’s just 你做初一,我做十五
Actually I felt a lot more confident and better after talking to Des this morning, compared to feeling so down and despondent yesterday and lost all appetite for the whole day, and still had to hide it from dear. It was so painful...
In the meantime, I will still put on a fight to show my capabilities to my new boss. So if it eventually boils down to my departure being a political move, I’ll have no regrets in making my move
I Guess the stress and anxiety on the real possibility of losing my job and income, and the accompanying consequences on my dependents has really got to me, so much so that I was panicking last night
Recalled that I was talking to Tracy on the flight back to Sg, and just mentioned a random thought of me replacing a current incompetent PLM, may be the ideal situation for me. It caught her off guard and didn’t respond, so I guess she didn’t think much of me in that position either. Can’t really confide that much in her anymore
Mentioned this concern to Uncle after our 1-1 meeting, and he brought up some good points that I may had been pushing too hard on what I think is best suited for my region, and probably neglected the aspect of managing my boss’s business needs. Sometimes you have got to go with the flow and do what the boss thinks is good, even though you know very well that it wouldn’t work. Scoring more brownie points won’t hurt
Had breakfast with ZY this morning, and confided in him as well. As well as my concerns on not being given the credit for all the hard work that I had done in the background to finally get things off the ground, and someone else swooping in to claim credit for my work at the very moment that it is going to show results. Good advice from him that I should be more careful and talk to Bao to get him to be aware of the values that I had brought to the table and not go unrecognised. We also chatted about the possibility of joining the competition especially since they have a recent open req on Fiber PLM role, and thought that it may be a good career progression too, especially since I have the correct profile for that role
The biggest concern will be jumping ship to working with the opposition camp, may make me lose credit or part of my current network that I had built up over the years.
I’ll have no doubt that I will be able to fit into that role if given the opportunity
Thoughts that flashed across my mind immediately was on beating those that didn’t really appreciate my work or think highly of me if I were to work on the opposite camp. Bao, Sales prez, OF, V, etc
Talked to Des on this req and he confirmed that it is open, and will help me to do an internal referral.
He was also very confident that I was a good fit for this role. Just sent him my updated resume, and fingers crossed, pray that I get called for an interview soon
It had always been on my mind that I wouldn’t want to compete against my ex colleagues by joining the competition. But now the push comes to shove, then it’s just 你做初一,我做十五
Actually I felt a lot more confident and better after talking to Des this morning, compared to feeling so down and despondent yesterday and lost all appetite for the whole day, and still had to hide it from dear. It was so painful...
In the meantime, I will still put on a fight to show my capabilities to my new boss. So if it eventually boils down to my departure being a political move, I’ll have no regrets in making my move
No comments:
Post a Comment